Department of Indicators of Sustainable Development
CUEC has been paying attention to the indicators of sustainable development since its establishment. The activities of the Department of sustainability indicators belong to the domains of coordination, application and research.
CUEC has coordinated such large projects as the Sustainable Development Indicators Project (Scientific Committee on Problems of the Environment - SCOPE), the output of which was presented to the participants of the Extraordinary Session of the UN General Assembly in 1997 (known as Rio +5) or the project Testing the indicators of the UN Commission on Sustainable Development. Among the new projects, we can mention the Assessment of Sustainability Indicators - ASI project, which was an assessment of the existing indicators of sustainable development at the global level. Another activity in this area to mention is for instance the editing of the special number of the scientific journal Ecological Indicators, which focuses on indicators of environmental sustainability.
Scientific Articles of the Department
- Raw material consumption or total material consumption? Which indicator is better for evaluating material resource consumption and environmental pressure?
Kovanda, J. (2020) Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, 192(6), 362
- Monitoring food-related material flows with the use of economy-wide material system analysis
Kovanda, J. (2022) Ecological Economics, 195, 107392
- Microplastics - how and what do university students know about the emerging environmental sustainability issue?
Janoušková, S., Teplý, P., Fatka, D., Teplá, M., Cajthaml, T., Hák, T. (2020) Sustainability, 12(21), 9220
- Material Flows Mobilized by Motor Vehicles and Transport Equipment Manufacturing and Use in the Czech Republic: an Application of Economy-Wide Material System Analysis
Kovanda, J. (2022) Statistika, 102(1): 84-97
- How to Measure Sustainable Housing: A Proposal for an Indicator-Based Assessment Tool
Adamec, J., Janoušková, S., Hák, T. (2021) Sustainability, 13(3), 1152
- An Analysis of Food Waste in Czech Households-A Contribution to the International Reporting Effort
Nováková, P., Hák, T., Janoušková, S. (2021) Foods [online], 10(4), 875