Department for the Research on Environmental Behavior
Keywords: environmental behavior; environmental attitudes; ecosystem services; socioeconomic valuation
Our team: Markéta Braun Kohlová, Bronislav Farkač, Kateřina Kaprová, Jan Melichar, Petra Nepožitková, Petr Pavelčík, Jan Urban
Department for the Research on Environmental Behavior is focused on relations between environment, society and individuals, using two main approaches. The first perspective is the research on environmental behavior and its factors, including attitudes, beliefs, norms and values. We focus on behavior with significant impacts for environment, such as transportation and energy consumption. Laboratory methods, online and field experiments, as well as correlational and longitudinal studies are used. The experimental research is also done in our laboratory BERLAB (Behavioral Research Laboratory - in Czech only).
The second approach of our department is applied research focused on valuation of ecosystem services. We address especially socio-economic valuation of protected areas, forests, non-forest and urban vegetation and man-made landscapes (e. g. as a result of surface coal mining). We focus on recreational use of landscape or ecosystem services in relation to land use changes, climate change and air pollution. Our research on these topics is based mostly on methods of non-market valuation, complemented with various techniques of quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
- LIFE IP - N2K Revisited (2019-2026)
- Technology agency of the Czech Republic (2019-2021) Green Logistics
- TA CR Recreational purposes of Vltava river cascade (2019–2022)
- TA CR Authentication of computation of the social value of woody plants (2018–2021)
- MZe Optimization of management of forest restoration on sites affected by surface mining (2017-2021)
- Ministry of Agriculture of the Czech Republic (2017-2021) Recultivations
- Technology agency of the Czech Republic (2017-2020) Spruce